Friday, May 8, 2009

working on my Personal Professional Development Plan

I had second meeting with Gil on May 6th, which has encouraged me as I now feel like I am at least moving in the right direction. She gave me some very good suggestions on improving my PPDP and I dod feel that much more confident about it now. But it is tougher than I thought it was going to be. It's easy to become complacent in your job - you get into your routines and think you are au fait with your post. But when you look at the fine print (i.e. your job description) in greater detail you notice all the areas in which you could and should receive more training. For instance recruitment, marketing, the organization you work for and your place in it - all these are areas in which I could benefit with more training and development.

No comments:

Post a Comment