Friday, May 15, 2009

Why Charter - training course

I have finally sent off my registration form (along with £50!! Ouch!!) yesterday, and today I attended the Why Charter course organized by NoWal which was held at my old library Aytoun. It was an extremely useful course giving us more details about what we should and should not include in our portfolios. I think the urge would be to pile in all the evidence - certificates, leaflets you've created, emails, correspondence, etc, to try to prove everything you do in your job. That would be my first thought. But you really need to be selective and verify that each piece of evidence is necessary and descriptive of your job and your development. Another useful issue that was covered was the 1000 word evaluative statement. The keywords here were reflection NOT description.

So, though I am still really intimidated by the whole thing, I do feel slightly less apprehensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment