Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Repreave

I had been thinking how sad it was going to be, now that Elbow had finished their UK tour, and there would be no shows to look forward to. I had been spoiled, I know; there was always one in the horizon, then after that there'd be another one. Six shows in one year. I couldn't complain. But I was sad, and I would miss my boys. And then.....A REPREAVE!!!!!! They announced a few shows on a Spring tour. No Manchester shows, but they are playing the Empress Ballroom in Blackpool on March 7th!!! WOO HOO!!! The Empress Ballroom is a historical building dating from the 1800's, and a gem of Victorian architecture. The band say that it had always been a dream of theirs to perform there, so the vibe should be really great. Blackpool itself has a terrible reputation, but who cares. We plan to make a little week end of it, taking the train and maybe staying the night. Can't wait!! Thanks Elbow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment