Friday, October 31, 2008

Elbow

Saw my beloved Elbow last night. Met up with the very nice Kim from London who was at the last show, plus my darling Elbowies Chris and Shirley. There were some REAL nutters there though. An aging pair of fanatic concert goers (real metal fans who also seem to like the very Indie Elbow). She was dressed up like Satan's little helper. And there was a crowd of TRULY obnoxious people, pissed to the gills and making a complete nuisance of themselves, talking loudly during Jesca Hoop's set and even during Elbow! Shouting out stupid things and annoying my precious Guy. I asked the girl to shhhh once and I overheard her say "if that girl looks at me again I'm going to kick her ass". They even started shouting things out to rile me like "green card" (reference to my being American?) but I ignored them. But Shirley and Chris were worried and looked out for me. The bitchy girl even tried to shove Kim out of way and take her place at the front (but tiny Kim held firm!!!). The vibe just wasn't the same. It was a great gig but lacked the atmosphere and energy of the last two I saw. Of course the fact that Guy's grandfather had died that morning probably didn't help. But he was still absolutely adorable and the band gave it all they had. I love them to the core. I don't have my photos uploaded yet. I didn't take as many and I have a feeling this will be my worst batch yet.

Day off work so taking it easy today.

There you go.

OH, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment